Brooks is a growing, fast-paced technology leader of automation solutions which support the dynamic and expanding semiconductor and lab markets. At Brooks, new ideas, technologies and ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and collaborate with one another to achieve new heights.
We are looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer, dedicated to quality, to collaborate with our team supporting industry leading Robotic System Platforms.
What you'll do:
This individual will be responsible for system level controller and safety modules for automated semiconductor process equipment, including Schematic Design, FPGA Design, and Safety Logic. Project work will include changes to Power Supply Circuits for Functional Safety Rated Compliance, migrating designs from CPLDs to FPGAs, incorporating Self Diagnostics, designing high-speed I/O interface and a New Robot Interface.
Other responsibilities include, learning the Controller Architecture, PCB Component Selection, PCB design and Overseeing Layout, creating Bill of Materials, Holding Design-Reviews, supporting ECO release, supporting Procurement of Prototypes, and Design Verification Testing.
Supportive of Technical Pub’s with technical data and reviewing publications and supporting customer inquiries.
Individual must be comfortable working with mechanical engineering team for packaging requirements and optimization. Individual must be able to give direction to technicians and drafters and validate drawings. Individual must be diligent at generating design documentation.
What you'll bring:
- Experience in programming VHDL – VHSIC (Very High-Speed Integrated Circuit) Hardware Description Language, preferred Verilog.
- Possesses ability to Design and Implement Complex Algorithms using FPGAs, Skillfully Handling Placement, Routing, and Timing Constraints.
- After coding is complete, the FPGA Designer must Simulate the code in a virtual environment such as, Altera ModelSim and Xilinx Simulator.
- Validating Code with Test Bench using different scenarios to capture All Possible conditions in Design Functionality.
- Designer responsibility for Documenting Coding, code notes and Design Documentation in Repository.
- BSEE with 7+ years of experience
- Experience with FPGA design
- Experience with PCB schematic design
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- System Experience required:
- Windows applications, OrCAD or Altium, Quartus
- System Experience preferred: ACAD, and Agile Product Collaboration
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- PTO and Flexible work schedules
- 12 holidays per year, including a company-wide shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal Assistance
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Variable Compensation Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Student Loan Program
Brooks Automation US, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor.