Culture: In the Semiconductor marketplace, our customer’s demand high performance, high quality and state-of-the-art solutions to enable the rapid development of emerging technologies around the globe. The successful development of automation equipment requires a seamless integration of Electrical, Mechanical, Embedded Controls and Software engineering. To achieve this, we are focused on embodying a culture of working together. In our electrical engineering team, one will find a culture of Collaboration, Learning, Cross Training, Respect for each other’s Talents, Constructive Design Reviews, Customer Focus and Integrity.
Brooks Automation is looking for an enthusiastic Electrical Engineer, eager to integrate into our culture and be a key team contributor. This engineer will work with a team in the development of new generation controls solutions and engage in analyses of complex field and manufacturing challenges.
- Working with a team to develop new PCBs for system and robot controllers and developing Engineering Design Specifications (EDS).
- New PCBA Designs may include Ethernet, FPGA, UART, SPI, I2C, Flash memory, DC/DC Power Supplies with In-rush Controllers.
- Programming skill with C, C++ and Verilog Knowledge
- Digital circuit design with Microcontrollers and knowledge of Computer Processors
- Spice modeling and analysis, or equivalent
- Competency in Altium PCB Designer, basic knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD Light
- Work will include technical presentations and cross-functional issue resolution with Perform Root Cause Analysis or 5 Why Analysis to document and provide Report
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation, consistent use of processes and systems, and engineering design standards are followed.
- Must be capable of working collaboratively with mechanical and software engineers on complete product solutions
In a typical week, the priorities for the individual and the team are defined in our “Project Online Portal”. Long-term development projects will progress, a question or issue may arise from a customer or from our operations team requiring a quick Investigation and Response for Solution. Input from Multiple Design Reviews may be given in any one Project which may include hands-on prototyping or testing may be done in our labs.
Value to bring to the team:
- Strong Ethical Values, Accountable and takes Ownership Responsibilities
- Customer Focus Mind-Set
- Component selection and data sheet interpretation
- Cable designing, good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication and presentation skills
- Handy in the use of standard lab equipment and tools
- Prototyping and debugging circuits in a lab
- Standard Windows applications (Excel, word, power point, outlook)
- BSEE with 2+ years of experience, or MSEE with 3+ years of experience